Annual conference of the European Technology and Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics
The ETIP PV conference “Readying for the TW era” will take place on 28&29 May 2019 at the BIP (Rue Royale 2-4) in Brussels, Belgium.
PV reached a new milestone of the end of 2018 with half a TW of installed capacity globally and more is expected to come in the coming years, with a growing market on all continents. In an expected multi-hundreds of GW annual market, challenges are numerous for the manufacturing industry, and policymakers. Low solar energy prices are unlocking new innovative business models which will reshape the energy landscape, for electricity consumers, mobility, buildings and the industry. This conference aims at presenting these challenges and bring some answers on how the approaching solar-PV TW era will shape the energy transition.
This event is registered as an official Energy Day of the EU Sustainable Energy Week.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
28 May 2019: Annual Conference (09:15 – 17:30)
9:15 Conference Opening
- [Keynote speech] Photovoltaics: is there still a need for R&D and what should come next?, Prof. C. Ballif, EPFL and director CSEM PV-center
Session I – Industry and Market Status: PV entering a new era of massive development
- The PV industry in 2019, I. Kaizuka, RTS Corporation
- Costs and market perspectives, P. Ralon, IRENA
- Utility-scale PV - the cheapest form of electricity, E. Vartiainen, Fortum Growth Oy
- Challenges and opportunities for PV in emerging countries, Gr. de Pierpont, Enerdeal
Session II – Long term Development Options: from clean transportation and smart buildings to solar fuels and more – a PV Vision
- IEA Long term perspectives, C. Philibert, IEA
- Long term scenarios for PV deployment, C. Breyer, LUT
- Panel discussion: M-F. Van der Valk (Renault Nissan), A. Domnick (Shell), tbc (Bouygues), D. Thomas (Hydrogenics)
Session III – Challenges for high PV penetration in Europe: the role of innovative policies and cross-cutting business models
- Electricity market design, tbc
- Panel discussion: F. Sotiau (ENGIE), L. Calleri (Elettricità Futura), D. Wedepohl (BSW-Solar), D. Mugnier (TECSOL/IEA-SHC), M. Machado (TECNALIA)
Session IV – Manufacturing challenges for Europe: filling the gap with competitors
Panel discussion: A. Chaperon (Total (invited)), P. Wohlfart (SINGULUS TECHNOLOGIES), W. Storm (Wacker), F. Bizzarri (Enel Green Power), E. Ast (Staubli), R. Battistuti (Energetica (invited)), R. Swanborn (HYET), tbc, (Von Ardenne)
17:15 Conference Closing & Networking Cocktail
29 May 2019: ‘ Innovation challenges in the implementation of PV self-consumption in Europe, guidelines and field experience’ Workshop (9:00 - 13:00)
The porgramme will be complemented by a selected number of poster presentations.
The posters will be displayed in the conference room during the full day. Tthe authors of selected abstracts will present their projects in two dedicated poster sessions at 11:30 –12:00 and 15:45 –16:15.
Find the Poster Presenter Display here
This conference is free to attend but space is limited and registration is required. Book your seat now!
BIP Brussels (Room Guichets)
Rue Royale 2-4
1000 Brussels, Belgium