"We envision a world with 100% renewable electricity supply where electricity is accessible to all and where electricity makes major inroads into satisfying final energy demand for living including communications, zero-emission transport and mobility, efficient heating and cooling, and even sustainable fuels, chemicals and materials. By applying Solar PV, buildings will increasingly become places of energy production and not only of energy consumption.Thanks to the abundant availability of sunlight, the technology’s modularity, and continuous efficiency improvements and cost reductions, Solar PV can become the largest source of energy worldwide. "
Photovoltaic Solar Energy: Big and Beyond
Sustainable energy to reach the 1.5 degrees climate target
A sustainable future with a clean European and global energy system
- Photovoltaic solar electricity (Solar PV) has recently become the lowest cost source of electricity in most parts of the world
- Solar PV can be used in all geographic regions and its generating capacity can be installed rapidly and scaled up modularly
- Solar PV can drastically reduce GHG emissions from the power sector and in other sectors through electrification (sector coupling)
- Solar PV supports a socially acceptable energy transition by offering employment, distributed generation and integrated applications as well as new business opportunities
- Solar PV, in combination with wind energy, storage and conversion (“power2X”) is the cornerstone of the future sustainable energy system
- Solar PV needs to be deployed rapidly, massively, and globally including within Europe to limit global temperature rises to 1.5 degrees.
- More PV component manufacturing and PV generating capacity are needed in Europe to seize economic opportunities and to reduce dependence on energy imports and on PV technology imports.
DOWNLOAD THE SHORT VERSION OF THE ETIP PV VISION HERE
ETIP PV Vision (English version)
ETIP PV Vision (German version)
ETIP PV Vision (Spanish version)
ETIP PV Vision (Italian version)
ETIP PV Vision (Slovenian version)
ETIP PV Vision (Dutch version)
ETIP PV Vision (Greek version)
ETIP PV Vision (Polish version)
Solar PV is transforming Europe’s and the World’s energy system and energy industry and ETIP PV is committed to actively support this to the benefit of climate and economy, as a contribution to the future of mankind and responding to the Sustainable Development Goals.