- Virtual Steering Committee Meeting on 5 May 2020
- ETIP PV asks for linking the EU Recovery Plan with the "EU Green Deal"
- Eight new Steering Committee Members welcomed
The European Technology and Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics (ETIP PV) Steering Committee met for the time in a virtual Steering Committee Meeting on 5 May 2020. One focus of the meeting was the discussion on the EU Recovery Plan and the EU Green Deal.
ETIP PV discussed the opportunities offered by linking the EU Recovery Plan with the "EU Green Deal". Investments and subsidies should only be done in climate-friendly, sustainable technologies. Marko Topič, ETIP PV Chairman: "Europe has the unique opportunity to take a huge step forward with the EU recovery plan in the area of green climate investments and to create numerous new jobs. Europe could be a front-runner in climate friendly industries and clean technologies.”
To make this happen ETIP PV suggest to set two goals:
- Create a 40 GW per year PV installation market in the Europe by the end of the European Commission mandate, with 10 GW of PV manufactured in the EU;
- Commit in the Sustainable Europe Investment Plan due to financing at least one GW-scale manufacturing plant before the end 2021.
ETIP PV Steering Committee Election
In total 35 candidates had applied for a seat in the Steering Committee, including Steering Committee members who had to re-apply for their seat. Marko Topič, ETIP PV Chairman: “I congratulate distinguished experts for their election as the new members of the Steering Committee that will represent PV industries and R&D from variety of European countries. I am happy that the elections improved gender balance and eight very active Steering Committee members were re-elected. The Steering Committee is committed and proud to work on a carbon free future of Europe.”
- Fabrizio Bizzarri - Enel Green Power
- Christian Breyer - Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Venizelos Efthymiou - FOSS Research Centre, University of Cyprus
- Philippe Malbranche - CEA
- David Moser - EURAC
- Jef Poortmans - IMEC
- Rutger Schlatmann - (HZB) PVcomB
- Andreas Wade - First Solar
- • Chiara Busto - R&D Center @ Eni
- • José Donoso - FOTOPLAT @ UNEF
- • Roch Drozdowski - IPVF – Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France
- • Gunter Erfurt - Meyer Burger Technology
- • Bianca Lim - ISFH
- • Daniel Mugnier - TECSOL
- • Delfina Muñoz Cervantes - CEA-Liten
- • Jutta Trube - VDMA Sector Group Photovoltaic Equipment
The ETIP PV Steering Committee Meeting was held virtually for the first time due to the travel constrictions and health precautions because of the Covid-19 pandemic.