• Industry leaders as well as top-ranking scientists, engineers and policy makers will discuss how the approaching solar-PV TW era will shape the energy transition
The conference “Readying for TW Era” organized by the European Technology and Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics (ETIP PV) will take place on 28&29 May 2019 at the BIP House (Rue Royale 2-4) in Brussels, Belgium.
PV reached a new milestone of the end of 2018 with half a TW of installed capacity globally and more is expected to come in the coming years, with a growing market on all continents. In an expected multi-hundreds of GW annual market, challenges are numerous for the manufacturing industry, and policymakers. Low solar energy prices are unlocking new innovative business models which will reshape the energy landscape, for electricity consumers, mobility, buildings and the industry. This conference aims at presenting these challenges and bring some answers on how the approaching solar-PV TW era will shape the energy transition.
Program Overview “READYING FOR THE TW ERA”
• Opening and Keynote – PV technology development
• Session #1 – Industry and Market Status: PV entering a new era of massive development
• Session #2 – Long term Development Options: from clean transportation and smart buildings to solar fuels and more – a PV Vision
• Session #3 – Challenges for high PV penetration in Europe: the role of innovative policies and cross-cutting business models
• Session #4 – Manufacturing challenges for Europe: filling the gap with competitors
Marko Topič, ETIP PV Chairman: “Our vision is a sustainable future with a clean European and global energy system! Thanks to the abundant availability of sunlight, the technology’s modularity, and continuous cost reductions, Solar PV can become the largest source of energy worldwide. Reaching terawatt level and even more on a worldwide basis is our clear goal! It will happen within the next few years and no doubt PV sector is getting ready to grow big and beyond.”
The programme will be complemented with a selected number of poster presentations and Parallel Events.
Find out more about the Call for Posters, programme updates and registration opening here !